Thursday, February 08, 2007

U.S. Loses 5 Choppers in Iraq in 2 Weeks!

1. Seriously, I think I'm onto something here tracking these chopper downings. The U.S. has now lost 5 choppers in Iraq in just over 2 weeks. I genuinely believe that today's surge in gold is closely linked to this. Keep in mind my comments about chopper shootdowns and what they entailed during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. This is potentially an important marker in the war.

"'The helicopter was flying and passed over us, then we heard the firing of a missile,' said Mohammad al-Janabi, a farmer who was speaking less than a half-mile from the wreckage. "The helicopter, then, turned into a ball of fire. It flew in a circle twice, then it went down.'"

2. Looks like not everyone in Bolivia is hot for Evo Morales' proposed steep mining tax increase. Interesting to read that the local miners were protesting, throwing around sticks of dynamine in La Paz.

3. I e-mailed TRE on February 2 regarding the the amount of the cash payments the comapny will be entitled to for optioning the Luhala and Itetemia Gold projects:

The January 30 recent press release regarding the: optioning of the Luhala and Itetemia Gold Projects: mentions that "The earn-in portion of the agreement: includes prescribed annual cash payments...."

What is the amount of the prescribed annual cash payments?: This seems to be an material piece of info that was: omitted from the press release.

Best regards,

Within a day I was copied on the following message from big Jim himself (though I have not yet received the answer to my question).
" Dear Helen:

I do not immediately recall if there is a confidentially clause in the Sloane contract, but assuming there is not would you send the pages relevant to rental, scheduled payment and work requirement to this inquiring stockholder. Please inform me of the determination.

RY, Jim"

No comments: