Wednesday, December 06, 2006

HUI Chart & Commentary

Comments: It's kind of a tough trading environment right now in Gold stocks, with neither bulls nor bears being able to push the action decisively in any direction. Since we seem to be bouncing down from the upper channel line, I'd say we are in a consolidation/correction period. But on the other hand, the way that the gold stocks are getting bought up like hot cakes on any drop, like today, makes me nervous that I will miss the chance to reload my portfolio. Although Gold is down a fair amount today and so are gold miners, the HUI is diverging bullishly. NSU, mentioned yesterday, is continuing to do well for me today.

One possibility is that we won't go down all the way to the bottom of the channel but will continue to rally after we hit the steeper uptrendline which is at around 345 today. I think it will be important to exercise patience over the next few days. Just holding a handful of miners now and some NEM calls.

No comments: