Thursday, October 05, 2006

HUI Chart & Commentary


Comments: As I previously mentioned, a break of $590 gold would be bearish. As the break occurred very quickly, I was not able to sell in time (generally not a fan of stop limits, for a number of reasons). As Gold went from $596 to $575 in the time that I was absent from monitoring the market, I made the decision to just keep holding at this stage as I think it's too late to sell now. On the bright side, I believe that the bottom is not too far away--260 HUI at the worst, as I previously mentioned. It's been a pretty horrible clobbering, but once Gold recommences its uptrend, I think the losses should be made up fairly quickly.

I will only be able to update the blog sporadically until the middle of next week, whcih is when I return from my trip. Best luck to all.

No comments: