Saturday, November 11, 2006

HUI Chart & Commentary


Comments: Looks like consolidation time. Let's see if we can maintain above the 200 day MA and the up trendline. I sold a little bit on Friday, though it probably would have been better to sell more.

Last Week's Profit/Loss: +0.38%. Even though my gain was again paltry last week, it was still my 5th straight week of gains. If there is a pullback in Gold/Silver, the trick will be to somehow maintain my winning streak--that's going to be a challenge. This coming week will be very important for me as a trader in how I manage risk.

Current Portfolio Exposure: 47% Energy + Calls; 19% Gold; 15% Silver; 8% Base Metals; 11% Cash. I think I'm a bit over exposed in Energy going into next week. On the other hand, being fairly diversified across the commodities should help to lower risk. I currently like Silver more than Gold on this move. I will be looking to add SSRI, PAAS and/or SLW during any weakness. Also like GSS (I know, it's always in the crapper...)

No comments: